Secure Folder For PC Windows and Mac
About this app
Secure Folder is a Business app developed by Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.. The latest version of Secure Folder is 1.1.07.6. It was released on January 31, 2018. You can download Secure Folder 1.1.07.6 directly on https://apks.live. Over 36,853 users rating a average 3.9 of 5 about Secure Folder. More than 100,000,000+ is playing Secure Folder right now. Coming to join them and download Secure Folder directly!
However, the question arises: why do users want to get Secure Folder for PC Windows devices? (windows 7, 8, or 10). This is simply because a laptop offers them a larger screen with an enhanced experience. Also, not everyone has an android phone or tablet, right?
In this article, we will cover the ways to download Secure Folder on pc with and without Bluestacks. So there are two methods to install Secure Folder APK on the computer.
How to use Secure Folder on PC Windows
Before you start, you will need to download the apk installer file, you can find download button on top of this page. Save it to easy-to-find location.
[Note]: You can also download older versions of this app on bottom of this page.
There are many good android emulators in market, the best one is andy, Bluestacks, Nox App player and mynamo. In this guide, we will tell you the method to download Secure Folder using Bluestacks and Nox App player.
Download Secure Folder for PC with Bluestacks
- Firstly, You should install Bluestacks Software on your Computer or Laptop. (Note: Come back to this post once you installed Bluestacks correctly)
- After Bluestacks, now, you must download .APK file of Secure Folder. Click here.
- Open the Bluestacks App already installed on your PC/Laptop. In the left-hand corner toolbox, you will find an option of Add APK. Load the APK file using the option on the Bluestacks. Click on that.
- It will ask about the location where you have kept the downloaded APK. In my case, I have kept it on Desktop, so I am selecting that.
- It will now automatically install the application on Bluestacks. You will find the Secure Folder on applications tab on the main screen of the Bluestacks window.
- Now, you are all set to use Secure Folder on PC. Here is the Secure Folder successfully running on my PC after installing and clicked on the app.
Now, we should discuss the installation of Secure Folder on PC using NOX App player. You can use this method if Bluestacks method is not working properly on your Laptop or Computer.
Download Secure Folder for PC with Nox App player
- First of all, you must download Nox App player, click on the software to start installation on your Computer/Laptop.
- Now, download APK file from here.
- After installation, open the NOX player. In the right-hand side corner toolbox, you will find an option of ‘Add APK’. Click on that option.
- Select Don’t show again and click on I know.
- You have to choose the APK from the downloaded location. As I have saved it on the desktop, I choose from there. (If your downloaded file is in Downloads area, select the .APK from there itself)
- Nox will automatically install the Application. Open it from the home screen of Nox app player.
- You will then be asked about if you want to change your location from ‘Worldwide’ to any particular location. Initially, choose Later option.
- Now, you are ready to use the App with some pre-existing website links embedded in the App.
- Note: Use ESCAPE to come back to the home screen or else you can use the symbols to operate Secure Folder app on PC NOX app player.
Which Emulator Should I Use?
If you’re going to follow my recommendation then I suggest you go with NOX because it’s quite simple and easy to understand. You don’t have to panic yourself for anything it will teach after every step for once to guide about how this Emulator works.
If it didn’t work for you then you can search for its alternative android emulators, the best alternative of NOX is BlueStack. It is also good and worth to use only if NOX didn’t work for you.
Download Secure Folder App for PC without Bluestacks
Users who want to experience the available movies & TV without blustacks can use a new software called The ARC Welder.
- So this software only runs through google chrome browser. If you don’t have it by default, please go ahead & download it.
- Then search for Arc Welder chrome extension in the google chrome store and simply download it.
- Now follow the same steps. Download Secure Folder apk file, and run it on arc welder.
- Choose the option – full window or partial screen while testing.
- You can start using the app on your PC with these steps.
With these steps, you can have Secure Folder on your PC after these two methods are implemented.
So this is how you can download or install Secure Folder for Pc. Hope you guys have enjoyed my work and don’t forget to share this method with your friends and loved ones. You can also try this procedure on your Mac if you’re looking for Secure Folder for Mac devices.
If this doesn't work on your PC, or you cannot install, comment here and we will help you!
The description of Secure FolderThis update is available for Samsung Mobile with Android 7.0 and above.
Secure Folder leverages the defence-grade Samsung Knox security platform to create a private, encrypted space on your Samsung Galaxy phone. Apps and data moved to Secure Folder are sandboxed separately on the device and gain an additional layer of security and privacy.
Easier and more convenient
Store your private files and apps safely. It's easy to move apps and data by tapping "Move to Secure Folder" or by importing them via "Add files" from inside Secure Folder. Your personal apps and data will be separated and encrypted so that they are protected from malicious attacks.
Lock your Secure Folder with an additional PIN, pattern, password, or biometric lock, so that only you can access your private pictures, apps, and data.
Effectively manage data
Add or copy your apps and data into Secure Folder. You can use Secure Folder to store your private contacts, photos, and more in a separate account. This allows you to have two profiles on a device so you can manage your data more effectively.
※ Secure Folder will operate only on official software released by Samsung Electronics. Features or UX may vary depending on the device, OS version, etc.
※ Secure Folder is a service, based on Samsung account, that provides an independent, isolated environment within your mobile device. Applications and data moved or added to Secure Folder (e.g. photos, audio files, movie files, and documents), will not be accessible from outside Secure Folder, whether by USB or Wi-Fi Direct. If your mobile device detects any rooting or custom ROMs, Secure Folder will automatically lock-up in order to prevent unauthorised access, in which case you will no longer be able to access or use the contents within Secure Folder. Therefore, please make sure you back up any important applications or data elsewhere, such as on your personal computer, before moving them to Secure Folder. Samsung is not responsible for any data loss or inaccessibility.
Use Backup and Restore of the below path to store your customers' data more safely.
Secure Folder > Settings > Backup and restore > Back up Secure Folder data
- Calendar: For the purpose of providing the ‘Share calendar’ function
- Contact: For the purpose of using the registered account to set up Secure Folder
- Storage: For the purpose of backing up and restoring the content in Secure Folder or for the purpose of providing the data backup feature when adding or deleting files
- Body sensors: For the purpose of using the lock screen with fingerprints and iris
The Permissions of Secure FolderRead calendar events plus confidential information:
- Allows the app to read all calendar events stored on your device, including those of friends or co-workers. This may allow the app to share or save your calendar data, regardless of confidentiality or sensitivity.
Add or modify calendar events and send email to guests without owners' knowledge:
- Allows the app to add, remove, change events that you can modify on your device, including those of friends or co-workers. This may allow the app to send messages that appear to come from calendar owners, or modify events without the owners' knowledge.
Read your contacts:
- Allows the app to read data about your contacts stored on your device, including the frequency with which you've called, emailed, or communicated in other ways with specific individuals. This permission allows apps to save your contact data, and malicious apps may share contact data without your knowledge.
Modify your contacts:
- Allows the app to modify the data about your contacts stored on your device, including the frequency with which you've called, emailed, or communicated in other ways with specific contacts. This permission allows apps to delete contact data.
Read the contents of your USB storage:
- Allows the app to read the contents of your USB storage.
Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage:
- Allows the app to write to the USB storage.
View Wi-Fi connections:
- Allows the app to view information about Wi-Fi networking, such as whether Wi-Fi is enabled and name of connected Wi-Fi devices.
Read phone status and identity:
- Allows the app to access the phone features of the device. This permission allows the app to determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active, and the remote number connected by a call.
View network connections:
- Allows the app to view information about network connections such as which networks exist and are connected.
Expand/collapse status bar:
- Allows the app to expand or collapse the status bar.
Full network access:
- Allows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications provide means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not required to send data to the internet.
Run at startup:
- Allows the app to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the device and allow the app to slow down the overall device by always running.
Limit number of running processes:
- Allows the app to control the maximum number of processes that will run. Never needed for normal apps.
Draw over other apps:
- Allows the app to draw on top of other applications or parts of the user interface. They may interfere with your use of the interface in any application, or change what you think you are seeing in other applications.
- Allows the app to control the vibrator.
Prevent device from sleeping:
- Allows the app to prevent the device from going to sleep.
Modify system settings:
- Allows the app to modify the system's settings data. Malicious apps may corrupt your system's configuration.
- Allows an app to add shortcuts without user intervention.
- Allows the app to remove shortcuts without user intervention.
Access keyguard secure storage:
- Allows an application to access keguard secure storage.
Interact with a device admin:
- Allows the holder to send intents to a device administrator. Should never be needed for normal apps.
Enable or disable app components:
- Allows the app to change whether a component of another app is enabled or not. Malicious apps may use this to disable important device capabilities. Care must be used with this permission, as it is possible to get app components into an unusable, inconsistent, or unstable state.
Control displaying and hiding keyguard:
- Allows an application to control keguard.
- Allows the app to delete Android packages. Malicious apps may use this to delete important apps.
Power device on or off:
- Allows the app to turn the device on or off.
Force stop other apps:
- Allows the app to forcibly stop other apps.
- Allows the application to temporarily freeze the screen for a full-screen transition.
Directly install apps:
- Allows the app to install new or updated Android packages. Malicious apps may use this to add new apps with arbitrarily powerful permissions.
Interact across users:
- Allows the app to perform actions across different users on the device. Malicious apps may use this to violate the protection between users.
Full license to interact across users:
- Allows all possible interactions across users.
Display unauthorized windows:
- Allows the app to create windows that are intended to be used by the internal system user interface. Not for use by normal apps.
- Allows apps to manage users on the device, including query, creation and deletion.
Update component usage statistics:
- Allows the app to modify collected component usage statistics. Not for use by normal apps.
Disable or modify status bar:
- Allows the app to disable the status bar or add and remove system icons.
Modify app ops statistics:
- Allows the app to modify collected application operation statistics. Not for use by normal apps.
Modify battery statistics:
- Allows the app to modify collected battery statistics. Not for use by normal apps.
Modify secure system settings:
- Allows the app to modify the system's secure settings data. Not for use by normal apps.
Secure Folder for PC Windows official Trailer
- Secure Folder 1.1.07.6 For PC Windows and Mac
Update on: January 31, 2018
What's new: - Fixed the problem that disappear app icon in secure folder. - Bug fix